Taylor Hazell Architects | Toronto, Ontario Canada
Taylor Hazell Architects is an award-winning architecture practice located in the King-Spadina area of downtown Toronto. We have projects in the government, justice, educational, and cultural sectors and are architects for new construction, adaptive reuse and heritage conservation. Our team is dedicated to creating architecture where culture, context, preservation and sustainability come together to create inspirational public environments.
THA is hiring for the position of a Conservation Professional who has solid experience in the preservation and adaptation of significant historic buildings and sites. We offer the opportunity to work on unique projects in a senior role, and the chance to be a leader in our established conservation practice.
Your Profile Includes:
- Degrees in architecture, architectural technology, engineering or historic preservation
- A minimum 6 years’ continuous professional work experience in the conservation of historic buildings
- Experience in all phases of project development, from Building Assessment through Design and Contract Administration
- High proficiency in document production using AutoCAD
- Excellent communication skills (oral & written)
- The ability to mentor others and lead by example
- Commitment to the conservation profession as demonstrated through your work, ideas and advocacy.
- Acting as a senior firm member
- Leading a conservation team
- Advocacy and team building
- As-found building assessments, conservation design and documents for construction
- Coordination of consultants
- On-site construction review.
If you have the qualifications listed above please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest; but note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.