Architect or intern Architect – Intermediate Level
Taylor Hazell Architects | Toronto, Ontario Canada
Taylor Hazell Architects is an award-winning architecture practice located in the King-Spadina area of downtown Toronto. We design projects for the government, justice, educational, and cultural sectors as facility and functional programming specialists and architects for new construction, adaptive reuse and heritage conservation. Our team is dedicated to creating architecture where culture, context and sustainability come together to create inspirational public environments.
THA is growing. We have an opportunity for an Intermediate Architect or Intern Architect to join our dedicated team and contribute to ongoing architectural projects. Ideal candidates will have strong working drawing and multidisciplinary consultant coordination experience, and direct experience within complex building retrofit environments. We offer the right candidate an excellent opportunity to grow professionally within our practice.
Your Profile Includes:
- Minimum 6 years of professional work experience
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Architecture
- Experience in all phases of project development, from Design through Contract Administration
- Experience on projects involving existing buildings
- Strong experience in the preparation of construction documents and building details
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral & written)
- High proficiency in document production using AutoCAD
- REVIT proficiency is an asset
- Commitment to design excellence as demonstrated through your work, ideas and advocacy
- Playing a direct role with senior firm members in design, contract documents and contract administration roles
- Preparing site documentation and assessment of project progress
- Producing presentations and documentation of work progress
- Developing technical drawing and detailing for contract document production
- Coordinating engineering sub-consultants
If you have the qualifications listed above please submit your application to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest; but note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.