Student architects & Recent graduates
Taylor Hazell Architects | Toronto, Ontario Canada
THA is looking for a senior student taking a gap year from their Master of Architecture program (or recently having finished their M. Arch program, or taking a break between their B. Arch and M. Arch program) to join our office. If you have good prior experience in an architect’s office, this position provides the opportunity to play an integral role in the development of new buildings, and to learn about the conservation and retrofit of heritage buildings of national significance.
Our award-winning architectural practice is located in the King-Spadina area of downtown Toronto. We design projects for the justice, educational, and cultural sectors. THA is dedicated to creating architecture where culture, context and sustainability come together to create inspirational public environments. Our studio atmosphere is energetic and welcoming; during the COVID-19 situation, we offer alternatives to in office work that combines safe on-site work, working from home, and safe in office participation. We have connected everyone through our internal systems to the office network, and meet regularly to mentor and advance projects, in groups and with individuals.
We are working on some great new projects that will take you through the design, document production and contract administration process, under the guidance of the firm’s senior staff. Our current projects include work at two provincial legislatures, two large public-school retrofits and work at Casa Loma, R.C. Harris and numerous historic infrastructure projects.
If you are a senior architectural student with proven skills in the areas of communication, design, and production of architectural documents, we hope you will apply for this position.
Read about the experience of our most recent student architects in their own words here, to get a better idea of what the student experience is like at THA.
Your Profile Includes:
- Must be a Senior Student taking a break from their Master of Architecture program (or recently having finished their M. Arch program, or taking a break between their B. Arch and M. Arch programs)
- Prior experience working in an architect’s office required
- An Interest in Institutional building projects from Design through Contract Administration
- An Interest in heritage conservation and retrofit of significant buildings and sites
- AutoCAD (mandatory) and Revit experience (an asset)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Commitment to design excellence as demonstrated through your studies and work experience
- Being a key contributor to projects in terms of design, contract documents, and contract administration roles
- Managing project workload
- Contribute to design thinking
- Contribute to firm growth
If you have the qualifications listed above please submit your application to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest; but note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.