Taylor Hazell Architects | Toronto, Ontario Canada
Taylor Hazell Architects is an award-winning architecture practice located in the King-Spadina area of downtown Toronto with a specialization in the conservation and adaptive reuse of large-scale historic structures. Our team is dedicated to creating architecture where culture, context, preservation and sustainability come together to create inspirational public environments.
THA is hiring for the position of a senior conservation architect who has solid experience in the preservation and adaptation of significant historic buildings and sites. We offer the opportunity to work on unique projects in a senior role, and the chance to be a leader in our established conservation practice.
YOUR PROFILE INCLUDES:
- Degrees in architecture, architectural technology, engineering or historic preservation
- A minimum 12 years’ continuous professional work experience in the conservation of historic buildings
- Experience in all phases of project development, from Building Assessment through Design and Contract Administration
- High proficiency in document production using AutoCAD
- Excellent communication skills (oral & written)
- The ability to mentor others and lead by example
- The ability to liaise with high profile client groups
- Excellence in evaluation of conservation issues with contractors in the field.
- Commitment to the conservation profession as demonstrated through your work, ideas and advocacy.
- Acting as the senior architectural staff member leading the conservation team
- Advocacy in the conservation field
- Team building within the office
- Conservation assessment, conservation design and documents for construction
- Coordination of consultants
- On-site and in office construction administration.
We seek serious applicants who have the qualifications and ability to lead. Please submit your application to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest; but note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information see our website: www.taylorhazell.com