Architectural Contract Administrator
Taylor Hazell Architects | Toronto, Ontario Canada
Taylor Hazell Architects is an inclusive, award-winning architecture practice located in the West Toronto Junction at 2928 Dundas Street West with a specialization in new construction and the adaptive reuse of large-scale existing building sites. Ongoing work includes Public and Secondary Schools, a cultural centre, a Search and Rescue Station, and the conservation and retrofit of some of the most prestigious historic buildings in the province. We are looking for a Contract Administrator to fill an important position in our firm.
The ideal candidate has strong construction administration experience within complex building environments of over 20 million dollars in construction value and collaborates well within a client/ consultant/ and in-house team. Candidates who possess architectural drawing experience, direct field and in-office background, and are strong in the coordination of engineering disciplines will be well-suited to this role.
Your resume should explain your relevant work experience in architectural offices.
- Collaboration with architectural staff, performing day-to-day contract administration roles across a variety of project types.
- Helping to manage CA procedures, and also mentor architects in firm.
- Site documentation and assessment of project progress.
- Processing of standard forms RFIs/ SI/ CCN/ CD/ Field Review/ Deficiency Review/ Review Payment Certification/ Substantial Performance and final closeout in accordance with Canadian Handbook of Practice.
- Leadership in the coordination of architects and engineers to ensure the project complies with Contract Documents and applicable codes/regulations.
- Degree or diploma in Architecture, Architectural Technology or Building Science from an accredited institution.
- 4 years relevant contract administration experience in an architectural firm.
- Proven AutoCAD experience (mandatory) and proficiency in MS Office and Bluebeam.
- Thorough understanding of the Ontario Building Code.
- Understanding of the procedures of project documentation and administration.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Confidence working in a construction environment.
Experience in heritage building conservation is an asset, but not mandatory.
We have developed procedures for remote work in combination with safe work at site and in our office.
This position is available for immediate start. Please send your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.