Taylor Hazell Architects | Toronto, Ontario Canada
THA is a practice located in the King-Spadina area of downtown Toronto. We design projects for the justice, educational, and cultural sectors as architects for new construction, adaptive reuse and heritage conservation. Our team is dedicated to creating architecture where culture, context and sustainability come together to create inspirational public environments.
We have an opening for a unique position as the senior architect for a large secondary school in Toronto. The work will take you through the design, document production and contract administration process. We are looking for an architect with strong experience in secondary school design, in project management and production working directly with the partner and client group. Your role would involve leadership and growing the firm to meet the needs of this project.
You must be a licenced architect, with a minimum of 15 years relevant experience in the field.
YOUR PROFILE INCLUDES:
- An architectural license to practice in Ontario, or another province
- A minimum of 15 years of relevant, post-graduate experience
Your portfolio and resume must demonstrate excellence in:
- Design, contract document production and contract administration for institutional buildings (projects of $40m and over)
- Coordination and planning of large value new build and building retrofit projects
- Application of the Ontario Building Code
- Coordination of engineering consultants
- AutoCAD (mandatory)
- Skilled in oral and written communication
- Excellent Interpersonal and mentorship skills
- Commitment to design excellence as demonstrated through your work, ideas and advocacy
- Being a senior architect for design, contract documents, and contract administration roles
- Managing and ongoing project and starting new projects
- Coordinating the work of sub-consultants
- Inspiring and leading design thinking
- Bringing your expertise and ideas to project pursuits and contribute to firm growth
If you have the qualifications listed above please submit your application to email@example.com. The interview process will occur before October 1. We thank all applicants for their interest; but note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.