Taylor Hazell Architects | Toronto, Ontario Canada
Taylor Hazell Architects is an award-winning architecture practice located in the West Toronto Junction. We have a specialization in the conservation and adaptive reuse of large-scale historic structures. Our team is dedicated to creating architecture where culture, context, preservation and sustainability come together to create inspirational public environments.
THA is hiring for the position of a senior conservation architect who has solid experience in the preservation and adaptation of significant historic buildings and sites. We offer the opportunity to work on unique projects in a senior role, and the chance to be a leader in our established conservation practice.
Your resume should explain your relevant work experience in architectural offices.
- Acting as the senior architectural staff member leading the conservation team
- Advocacy in the conservation field
- Team building within the office
- Conservation assessment, conservation design and documents for construction
- Coordination of consultants
- On-site and in office construction administration
- Degrees in architecture, architectural technology, engineering or historic preservation
- A minimum 12 years’ continuous professional work experience in the conservation of historic buildings
- Experience in all phases of project development, from Building Assessment through Design and Contract Administration
- High proficiency in document production using AutoCAD
- Excellent communication skills (oral & written)
- The ability to mentor others and lead by example
- The ability to liaise with high profile client groups
- Excellence in evaluation of conservation issues with contractors in the field
- Commitment to the conservation profession as demonstrated through your work, ideas and advocacy
We seek serious applicants who have the qualifications and ability to lead. Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.