INTERN ARCHITECT OR SENIOR TECHNOLOGIST
Taylor Hazell Architects | Toronto, Ontario Canada
THA is an inclusive, award-winning practice specializing in large scale building retrofit and new build projects institutional clients. We are currently working on a number of significant Toronto Public and Secondary School projects, a Search and Rescue Station on the Welland Canal, two legislative assemblies, and prestigious heritage conservation projects such as Casa Loma, R.C. Harries Filtration Plant, the Manitoba Legislative Assembly and the Legislative Assembly of Ontario.
THA is recruiting for the positions of Intern Architect and Senior Technologist. Your skills would include solid experience and considerable skill in the areas of design and contract document production using AutoCAD.
Working within a team of architects and designers for a number of important and prestigious projects, this position is an excellent opportunity for a motivated person to gain outstanding experience, working collaboratively with a great team on projects that are already in production.
- Degree in Architecture or Building Technology
- Proven expertise in the production of working drawings in AutoCAD with a minimum of 5 years continuous Canadian experience
- Expertise in Microsoft Office, Excel and other word document programs
- Experience working with the Ontario Building Code
- Work experience on large-scale institutional projects, such as schools or courthouses
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Initiative and motivation to achieve high standards in architectural work
- Collaboration with architectural staff in design and contract document production in AutoCAD for Part 3 Buildings
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- Production of written work to a high quality and professional standard
- Coordination with structural, mechanical and electrical consultants
- On site documentation and field review.
Experience in heritage building conservation is an asset, but not mandatory. We have developed procedures for remote work in combination with safe work at site and in our office.