INTERN ARCHITECT OR SENIOR TECHNOLOGIST
Taylor Hazell Architects | Toronto, Ontario Canada
Taylor Hazell Architects is an award-winning architecture practice specializing in projects for government and institutional clients. We are currently working on a number of significant Toronto Secondary School projects, cultural centres, conservation and retrofit projects.
THA is recruiting for the position of an Intern Architect or Senior Technologist who has solid experience and considerable skill in the area of design and contract documents using AutoCAD. Working within a team of architects and designers for a number of important and prestigious projects, this position is an excellent opportunity for a motivated person to gain outstanding experience, working
collaboratively with a great team on projects that are already in production.
YOUR PROFILE INCLUDES:
- Degree in Architecture or Building Technology
- Proven expertise in the production of working drawings in AutoCAD, with a minimum of 5 years continuous Canadian experience
- Expertise in Microsoft Office, Excel and other word document programs
- Expertise in the implementation of the Ontario Building Code
- Experience working on large-scale institutional projects, such as schools or courthouses
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Initiative and motivation to achieve high standards in architectural work
- Collaboration with an office team in design of a Part 3 building, and in the production of contract documents in AutoCAD to a professional standard
- Production of documentation in written form, to a high quality and professional standard
- Coordination with structural, mechanical and electrical consultants
- Regular schedule of work, and meeting of schedule for work assigned by the team
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
THA offers salaries commensurate with experience, and encourages opportunities for professional development and career growth. For those seeking full time, employee status we offer excellent benefits, and flexibility of work hours. During the pandemic, contract and employed staff members have worked remotely in combination with office and site visits safely organized.
If you have the experience and proven AutoCAD skills we need; if you have a minimum of 5 years continuous Canadian experience in an architect’s office, and you have demonstrated to other employers and colleagues that you work well remotely and in person with the architectural team, then we would like to meet you. We are open to discussing either a flexible contract leading to a permanent position
with opportunities for advancement for an applicant with our required skill set.